I know I'm not supposed to post until homework is done, but when you get great news you have to share it.So, congratulations to me! I am the first ever winner of the Allan and Suzan Payne English Scholarship. This is a $1,000 merit-based scholarship, and I am very excited and honored to receive this award.
The great thing about this award is that it is merit-based instead of need-based. That means that I didn't win it because I am poor, or because I happen to fit into the right demographic. I won because I am smart, and I am a good student. This money is a direct result of the work that I have put in to my education. It is also a result of all the encouragement that I get from family, friends, and teachers, so thank you to all the people that have helped me on my path to educational enlightenment.
Congratulations! I love when honest, hard work is recognized. Keep it up!
ReplyDelete