Elisha and Harrison have left me alone for the weekend again. Sad.However, one bright spot in my lonliness: I won't have to wake up at 3 in the morning if Harrison has a bad night. Or so I thought.
In Harrison's defense, he has always been a great baby when it comes to sleeping through the night. Lately, about once a week he'll wake up around 3 a.m. Fortunately, he's very easy to console and usually is asleep again within minutes, oftentimes without us going to get him.
So, not that it's a big deal, but last night I was guaranteed not to get a 3 a.m. wake up call. I guess I underestimated my son.
At 3:02 in the morning I received a call from Elisha's phone. When I answered, I could hear some clicking noises, but no one talked to me. I thought it was strange, but after 30 seconds I hung up. Less than a minute later, my phone was ringing again, and again no one was talking to me. I couldn't figure out any reason Elisha would be pocket dialing me in the middle of the night, but I wrote it off as that, hung up, and tried to go back to sleep. Five minutes later, I got another call. This time after about 10 seconds I heard a very familiar giggle. Harrison was calling me.
I tried to talk to him and get him to talk some more, but all I heard was what I assume was the clicking of his teeth against the phone. Eventually, I hung up, but when he called again eight minutes later, I decided I had to do something about this or I wouldn't get any sleep.
After I hung up the last time, I called back hoping to wake Elisha. Harrison answered, and too quickly for Elisha to hear. So I tried one more time. This time I connected with a very annoyed Elisha. I assumed she had to take the phone from Harrison so she would figure out the reason for my call. Never assume anyone knows what's going on at 3 in the morning.
That is so funny! I know you didn't think so at the time, but it is. Babies demand your full attention-even when they are out of town.
ReplyDeleteVery cute! :)
ReplyDeleteThe other day my purse was yelling at me. My purse likes to answer my calls when I'm driving, and the other day when I got out it was yelling at me to answer the phone. I guess it didn't want to talk to Derek anymore. Very strange experience - I might have to get a new purse. ;)