Friday, April 3, 2009

Orange and Babies!

I finished my Shakespeare paper, so as promised: A new post!

I actually should try and put together a post about all the baby showers for our other blog, but I don't have that kind of time yet. So I will use this post to show you what I feel are the best parts of the showers.

Some of you may remember that I was kinda hoping for a girl, and that I was not disappointed, but excited in a different way about having a boy. Well, one thing that has helped my excitement shoot through the roof is the color orange. If you know me well, you know that this is my favorite color, and if you didn't know that, pay closer attention to what I wear and you'll figure it out. Fortunately, orange is a gender neutral color so no matter what, my baby is going to be in orange...a lot. The part where it's exciting to have a boy: Boy orange is the bright orange that I love, girl orange is the pastel orange that I love a little less.

So, while we have received quite a few outfits with orange in them, this one is by far my favorite. I love the stripes, the elbow patches, and the dressy-ness. I have no idea how old he'll have to be before he's big enough to wear this, but until then it can be a blanket or something.

The other awesome part of the baby showers is our awesome crib stuff (I haven't learned all the technical lingo yet). Elisha picked out the fabric for the bumpers, and her mom made them for us. Then, awesomely enough, she bought the beautiful bright orange sheet for the crib that makes the package look awesome! Especially if you like orange. Sorry for the messed up picture angle.

Hope you have enjoyed the orange induced happiness. Back to homework for me!

1 comment:

  1. I love the nursery set. Just so you know, the piece that goes around the bars is called a bumper. I love orange too! It looks amazing with my son's hair. Orange is a good boy color for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails