We still haven't had our baby!!!!! The little bugger refuses to come out. We're actually pretty patient about it, we're just really anxious to see our son.Many people have given us advice on how to get the labor started. Yeah, thanks for the advice, but there are just some things we are not willing to try, like Castor Oil. Especially not since our doctor admitted it might work, but practically pleaded with us not to do it since it can cause diarrhea. I guess he's had that experience before.
Most of my followers are already mothers, so there is no reason to list all the suggestions we've had, I'm sure you've heard them before. There are only two we are perfectly willing to try, the first, walking, hasn't worked so far. Sometimes she feels some pain by the time we come home, but it goes away as soon as she rests. The second
suggestion, the thing that got us here in the first place, hasn't really had any effect either. I think it might have triggered the very first signs of labor a couple of weeks ago, but now it doesn't do anything.Since nothing really seems to be working I came up with what I thought was a genius plan. I figure the most likely time for a child to be born would also be the most inconvenient. So we decided to have a birthday party for Albus. I figured if we invited 10 or 15 people over, if we had food cooking on the stove, and if we had cupcakes baking in the oven; he would show up and make us scramble to change our plans.
Well the party was a complete failure! It was really quite successful in terms of attendance and fun, but there was no labor, no water breaking, no baby. We played games, and ate food. But sadly the guest of honor was a utter no show. Annoyingly, I completely forgot to take any pictures so we have no record of our son's first birthday party.Thanks to all those who came. We were really excited to spend time with friends. The party may not have achieved its goal, but it did provide Elisha and I with a last hoorah as children free newlyweds.
I know how exciting this time is!!!! The "unknown". He will come out when he is ready....or when the doctor is ready to say it is time to induce. Enjoy your last few days/hours/mins with it just being you and your wife! Oh, and the SLEEP!!!! Can't wait to see some picture of "Albus".
ReplyDeleteI had fun at the party. Thanks for the invite. Yummy food, fun people, fun game-what else could a person want?
ReplyDelete