I Hate Meryl Streep!
My brother would occasionally watch Julia Child's show on PBS, and I, being the younger, was forced to deal with it. The woman is insane. And it's not like my brother was cooking me any of the food she was showing. (He did cook for me, but not her stuff.)
I love movies, but as a kid I couldn't stand any movie with Meryl Streep in it. I always believed that the only reason people put her in movies is to try and make women cry. I especially hated that all she had to do was breathe and she would be nominated for an Oscar. People would often say that my mother looked like Meryl Streep, I thought they were insulting my mom.
With Julia I developed a reason for my hatred, but for Meryl, I just hated the idea of her. But
somehow, all of that changed with The Devil Wears Prada. I loved that movie, and for the first time in my life I really wanted Meryl to be nominated, and win, an Academy Award. I don't know why, but ever since then I have taken an interest in Meryl's work. This change
continued with Mamma Mia!, I really loved that movie, saw it twice in theatres. Don't get me wrong, most of the rest of her work still looks like the same stuff, but it looks worth watching now.So, you may be asking yourself: "Jason, why are you wasting time posting about the two things you hate most in the world?"
My answer is obvious: "That's what blogs are for."
But really, the reason behind all this:

Meryl Streep is playing Julia Child in a movie!
Worse: It doesn't look like the best movie ever, but I would probably go see it. Nora Ephron is a good romantic comedy director, I really like Amy Adams, and, somehow, I like Meryl Streep. In the preview, it looks like she does an awesome job. She actually makes Julia Child look interesting.
What is wrong with me?

This post is hilarious for so many reasons. First of all, you are NOT opinionated? Really? Secondly, I love Meryl Streep. Thirdly, I love that you are going to go see a movie about a woman you hate played by a woman you hate. Let me know how it turns out.
ReplyDeleteHaha!!! I love Meryl Streep! She was awesome in the Devil Wears Prada!!!! She did such a great job with the character! And my kids love love love love love....did I mention LOVE....Momma Mia. My mom just bought them the movie last month, and we have about worn it out. I got them the soundtrack for the car, which was a HUGE mistake...its all we listen too, its all I sing and hummmm.
ReplyDeleteAnyways, very interesting topic...but like you said, that is EXACTLY what blogs are great for!