Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I Love Being A Dad! But ask me again later.

My baby is barely two weeks old, and so far being a dad is great. Elisha is an amazing mother, and that makes my life with baby perfect.

One thing I could do without, however, is being constantly asked: "So, how do you like being a father?" I don't mind the question so much as I mind the timing. I've only been a father for two weeks, I really don't know what it's like.

It reminds me of coming home from our honeymoon and everyone asking how I like being married. First of all, we all know that when asking a Mormon couple this question there is obviously a "hidden" agenda, wink wink. Secondly, I just got home from my honeymoon, what do you expect me to say: I hate it!

Basically this is what I wanted to tell people: "I just got home from a luxury hotel in Vegas. For the past week I've been eating at buffet's and fancy restaurants, and I've been going to comedy acts and magic shows every night. When we got bored, we took a helicopter flight over the Strip. I love being married, is it going to stay like this forever?"

Why don't people ask me now how I like being married? It's been three years, I might have a objective opinion.

And now, three years later, I get to go through the same type of situation.

Obviously, I love being a dad. I especially love it right now. I haven't cooked in two weeks. We haven't even had to buy our own food. There have been a couple of nights when neither of us have had to wake up for Harrison. As for housework, sure we've maintained it a bit, but I haven't had to do anything really tough for awhile.

What's it like being a father? I love it, is it going to stay like this forever?

Maybe, you should ask me again later.

2 comments:

  1. I will ask you when your baby is old enough to be mobile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never really thought about it like that. I do believe that answer can vary with the age of the children.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails