It's true! I absolutely love my birthday. I don't care how old I get, as long as I get more birthdays. Because I love my birthday so much, I make sure everybody knows that my birthday is coming. However, once the big day hits, I always like to see who actually remembers, so I don't say anything on the actual day.Guess what? My birthday is coming up. This Saturday, August 8th. I'm so excited. We haven't made any real plans yet, but they're coming soon.
Since my birthday hasn't happened yet this year, and I want something to blog about, I will blog about my last birthday.
I don't know if you've noticed, but my birthday happens to be on the best day of the year. Well, I think so, but that's because my favorite number is 8. So last year, not only was my birthday on the 8th day of the 8th month, it was also in the 8th year. Awesome!

So in honor of the number, we let 8's rule the day. First, we decided to go out to eat, so to choose the restaurant, I looked in the phone book for the restaurant with the most 8's in the phone number. (No fast food or delivery, otherwise it would have been Domino's.) There was a 5 way tie, but Winger's beat them out because they also had two 8's in the address.

Before dinner I went to Target and bought a Magic 8 Ball. I had to choose between a High School Musical one, or a Hannah Montana one. Apparently, Disney has a monopoly on the Magic 8 Ball industry. You probably guessed that I chose High School Musical, but I went with Hannah instead.
The rest of the day the 8 ball made all my decisions for me. We didn't have a lot of friends available to get together with us, but my 9 year-old cousin, John, was spending the weekend with us, so that influenced our decisions. First I asked the 8 ball if we should go play mini-golf. It said:
So mini-golf was out. Next I asked if we should do the bumper boats. Same answer. John was getting pretty sad. Finally when I asked about laser tag, we got the answer we were looking for:
After we were done, John convinced me to ask it again about the boats. The 8 ball said yes to everything else we asked that day. So I guess we really didn't leave things to chance, we just let it decide the order of events.
Happy Birthday on the 8th!!!! Hope you have something fun planned this year. Oh, and I especially like the Hannah Montana 8 Ball on the baby recieving blanket.
ReplyDeletePS. My word verification was "wiggie".
What will you do this year now that it isn't all so nicely packaged?
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! Sorry that this is late but it sounds like it was a good day.
ReplyDelete