Friday, April 30, 2010

Last Day of Poetry Month

I didn't really post too many poems this month, but I do have one I'm quite proud of to close out the month. Hopefully it speaks for itself:


Revenge

Then:

Me,
the rookie,
first class,
lost.

Them:
Amanda, Kate, Ken,
seniors,
smart.

"Machiavellian"
What's that?
They know, I don't

The book isn't about super-heroes?

Now:

Me,
the senior,
last class,
smart-enough.

Them,
sophomores,
integrated studies,
lost.

"Machiavellian"
I still don't know,
but they don't know that.

This book isn't about super-heroes.

4 comments:

  1. Seriously! I had two classes with Kate and Amanda, one with Ken, and two with Kay (who I am assuming you don't know my first semester back. I really thought I was in the wrong place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D This is wonderful. Too bad you posted it before I got a chance to steal it. I can also relate, but I believe it was Kathy who was doing the intimidating... ;)

    Wait...it is still happening to me in YA lit. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Myrianne, I can't believe I intimidated anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're too modest, Kathy. :D

    So, Jason, when we getting another poem, or at least another post?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails