
and this:
Obviously, a no brainer.
The decision was made for two reasons.
First, time. Who knew I would want to spend every second I have with my beautiful son? In addition to missing Harrison time, if Elisha goes back to work in the fall, it would be at the same time as cheer practice. Obviously, this would mean we need a babysitter five days a week.
That brings me to the second reason: Money. Extra money would have to be spent for daytime child care. Additionally, the cheer program costs money. Yes, there is a sponsorship program, but in the long run, that costs money, too. If I found people to sponsor me, the money would be put on my account at the school. If there is money on my account on the school, the government would find out about it. First, whatever part of the government that issues grant money would discover it and decide I don't need grant money because of all this money on my account, second the IRS would be curious about the money. It wouldn't count as income, but it does take away education credits, which are very nice.
I guess if you're a teenage kid you don't care about such things. So, it turns out I really am too old to be a cheerleader.
OMgosh....I had no idea you were a cheerleader?!?!
ReplyDeleteSometimes we have to give up alot for our little ones....but it is ALL worth it. Being a parent means that you have to scarafice.
I'm glad your enjoying every minute with baby Harrison!
I was really looking forward to seeing you in a short skirt, too! :)
ReplyDeleteWe had already bought tickets to the first DSC game!
ReplyDeleteI know this was a difficult decision for you. Trying to decide between something you've wanted to do for some time and something new you want to do is difficult. But, I'm happy we can spend more time together. And, hey, you can toss me in the air whenever you want:)
ReplyDelete